How to check the PNR status?
Picking up a phone or a paper and dialing the toll-free number will get you all the information you are looking for on PNR.
But who is it who answers? It is your ticket broker.
Let us find out how to check the PNR.
Checking your PNR status can be done by contacting the company whose number you have dialed.
All you have to do is dial the toll-free number provided at the back of your ticket.
It will provide you with the full information on your tickets such as your name, date of birth, PNR, and other relevant details.
However, when it comes to a ticket that was bought online, this cannot happen.
There are certain reasons for this.
- One is the E-ticket, which appears on both sides of an e-ticket and not only the backside.
- It is a separate document that is not included in the ticket itself.
- Secondly, the E-ticket is only valid for one trip in a row.
- Your PNR is the permanent number and has to be carried from one journey to another.
- This does not happen with E-tickets. The E-ticket is good for any number of journeys and you can carry multiple E-tickets as long as there is no problem.
- E-tickets are also issued for every passenger and there is no limit as to how many can be carried in each journey.
You may have to pay a slightly higher fare if the E-ticket costs more than a single PNR.
Also, passengers who have multiple E-tickets with them are charged higher fares.
Reference Post: How to Print E-Tickets
You can also check the E-tickets online. This is much cheaper than buying them from the ticket broker.
You can compare the prices of E-tickets offered by different companies.
Also, you can see if the ticket offers discounts for frequent travelers. E-tickets are usually issued on a monthly basis.
- So the price of a ticket is bound to be cheaper when compared to a yearly or annual ticket.
- Thirdly, when you buy a ticket online, you can pay for it at a time and the amount can be delivered to your home or office.
- This means you do not have to wait around for days for your E-ticket.
- Also, you have the option to pay online and collect your ticket from the ticket agency instead of visiting the ticket office.
However, if you have any change at the last moment.
You can always pay for it at the ticket office and you do not have to go all the way there.
Fourthly, when you make a payment, make sure that you make your credit card details very well known to the ticket agency as you do not want to pay any more than what is needed for your PNR status.
Fifthly, always read the E-ticket beforehand.
If there are any special conditions attached to it, make sure that you know them. Make sure you know the terms of payment too.
Also, make sure you know what is going to happen if you do not get your E-ticket in time.
Sixthly, it is advisable to travel early so that you can avail of the cheap E-ticket.
As a rule, you can get up to five percent off E-ticket prices if you purchase your tickets on the day of the flight.
Seventhly, be wary of unscrupulous people who take advantage of PNRs. These people often try to sell fake tickets at high prices.
Last but not least, do your research and make sure that you are making the right choice when purchasing a PNR Status.
It would be better if you are prepared to pay a little more than the original amount as the service is always worth paying the extra money.